community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: (improving) New Committers Info
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 22:22:04 GMT

On 11/25/2014 10:52 AM, Igor Galić wrote:
> So I'd like to solicit some help fixing these pages to
> contain useful information…

(Obviously) count me in. I think that the "so, now that I'm a committer,
what happens next" page has a ton of stuff on it that is just noise, and
could be culled.

I remember Ross getting pushback on editing those pages, but I honestly
can't remember why. As to ownership, those pages belong to the members,
by design and by access control. So, of course, if the members object,
then we should listen, but that kind of stuff has recently (at least so
it seems to me) been delegated to comdev.

I think this is another permission/forgiveness thing. :-)

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon