community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Content tracks at ApacheCon Austin
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2014 17:16:10 GMT
The CFP for ApacheCon Austin closes on February 1st, so we have just
over 2 months to get our content solicited for that event. I need your help.

At ApacheCon EU this week, I spoke with a number of project PMCs. I
requested that they attempt to put together what they feel would be a
good track - ie., a list of topics that they feel would need to be
covered in order for their project to be properly represented - and then
attempt to solicit *those* talks from their user/dev community.

This has a few benefits over the standard "what do you want to talk
about?" CFP process. One, you end up with the talks that represent a
full coverage of a project, without big holes. And it's a great way to
encourage new speakers who are having trouble deciding what they might
speak about.

I believe I'll be getting tracks from:

* Cloudstack
* OFBiz
* OpenOffice
* Mesos
* httpd

I would ask that you make this request of your project PMC, those of you
who have a project (or more) that you are active on. Or find the person
who should own this.

In the coming days, I'd like to build a list of people that are
interested in making ApacheCon Austin happen, and in particular helping
get PMCs more involved in the process. If that's you, please speak up.

Question: Do you think we need a dedicated mailing list for this, or
should we continue to do this on dev@community? (I'm open to either way,
but if folks feel strongly one way or the other, we should do that.)

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon