community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Extras PoC
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2014 22:05:43 GMT
Kay Schenk wrote:
> Two questions --
> Are we ready to go ahead with these changes to /main/external_deps.lst --

No we aren't! Roberto sent us a proof of concept, but he wrote that even
the URL will change, so it is definitely not OK to change the location
for Extras from Google Code to SourceForge yet.

On the other hand, I just tried to create a new download at
https://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/ooo-extras/downloads/list
(i.e., I tried to add the updated fonts package recently discussed on
the OpenOffice dev list) and I confirm I can't add it. So the current
service at Google Code cannot be used any longer to add new packages,
which means that an alternative must be found (this has been known for
months, but now this is really preventing us from getting things done).

> and since this is mirroring, I'm assuming we still put changes in our
> local  svn tree and SF will grab them from there. Correct?

The (remote or local) SVN tree has nothing to do with this. OpenOffice
Extras is a section of Apache Extras which in turn is part of Google
Code, and files to be mirrored are those at the link above.

Apache Extras in itself is foundation-wide, but only a few projects so
far have expressed concerns about the policy change that is making it
useless for OpenOffice in future.

Regards,
   Andrea.