community-dev mailing list archives

From Christoph Emmersberger <cemme...@gmail.com>
Subject Consideration to Create GitHub Mirrors for Apache Extras Project
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2014 20:29:26 GMT
Hello,

I’m reaching out, in order to get your thoughts on the creation of GitHub mirrors for existing
Apache Extras project.

Quite some time ago, we had an infrastructure related discussion on the camel-extra mailing
list [1] and figured, that GitHub might be a good collaborative space that attracts other
developers. Additionally, GitHub provides a well established code contribution approach. In
order to bring the discussion into the right direction, I have filed an INFRA ticket [2],
to track the progress on this topic. My proposal is:

(1) Create an “Apache Extras” organisation on GitHub (similar to the Apache organisation
[3])
(2) Notify Apache Extras projects about the existence of the GitHub organisation
(3) Mirror existing Google code git repositories

Even if there are still ongoing discussions, if Google code is the appropriate space for Apache
Extras, the creation of mirrors would not interfere any migration opportunities and rather
facilitate any upcoming decision.

Please provide your thoughts on that topic.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Christoph

[1] http://camel-extra.1091541.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Migration-to-Jira-td141.html#a151 <http://camel-extra.1091541.n5.nabble.com/DISCUSS-Migration-to-Jira-td141.html#a151>[2]
 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-8529>[3] https://github.com/apache <https://github.com/apache>