community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject ApacheCon EU, about a month to go
Date Thu, 09 Oct 2014 19:28:02 GMT
We've got about a month to go before ApacheCon EU, and it's time to ask
for your help again.

A few weeks ago, JZB posted this list of suggested tweets:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201409.mbox/%3C1411509806.2128198.170987313.54B1CD1D%40webmail.messagingengine.com%3E

We are now in the time period where, historically, half to two thirds of
our registrations happen, and we're currently at the 170 mark - less
than half way to where we want to be. We need your help getting the word
out.

If you could go through the list and select a dozen or so of these that
your acquaintances might be interested in, and send these out to mailing
lists, twitter, Facebook, G+, and so on (especially mailing lists
related to your projects) that would be an enormous help in getting the
word out, and bringing in those extra 250 registrations that we'd like
to have for this event.

If you use something like Hootsuite or Buffer, it's a fairly simple
matter to schedule a few dozen tweets to span the coming weeks.

Thanks!

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon