community-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Austin keynotes
Date Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:55:25 GMT
What I like about Brian doing such a talk is that he
was there at the start; he understands the ASF, the
culture that built it and the culture it has. So any
"this is what Apache needs to do" statement has some
real weight behind it; I compare it to, for example,
Mark Hinkle's keynote: nothing against Mark, of
course, and I value his insight, but when a perceived
"outsider" (or new-to-Apache) person sez "This is what
Apache needs to do to survive", it's always taken
with a little salt...