community-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Smits <pierre.sm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon - How you can help
Date Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:19:37 GMT
Also done in the Apache Dirctory mailing list.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

> Op 19 sep. 2014 om 15:37 heeft Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> het volgende geschreven:
>
> Here's the most important ways that you can help with ApacheCon EU right now, in order
of importance.

> * If you are involved in an Apache project that has content at ApacheCon, send messages
to your users@ and dev@ list telling them about that content, and telling people that they
need to be there. Tell them specifically what talks they need to come for, and what developers
they'll get to hang out with at the event. Tell them that they are doing their career a disservice
if they don't come to this event. Remind them that committers have a deep discount, so if
they're not committers now, here's a *great* reason for them to get on that train for next
time. Remind the US audience that if they can't make it to Budapest, they should plan to come
to Austin in April.

> * Reach out to other audiences - Twitter, Facebook, and G+, certainly, but also other
non-Apache projects you're involved with that have strong overlap with our content. Again,
mention specific talks and people that will be at the event.

> * If your company cares about or relies on any Apache technology, encourage them to sponsor
the event and/or send an employee to the event. Remind them that it's about more than just
the technical content - they will get to have first-hand contact with the people that develop
the software, and become part of that community, with the possibility to participate in shaping
the future of that product. If there's a spark of interest in sponsorship, have them get in
touch with me - rbowen@apache.org - and we'll take it from there.