community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject ApacheCon - How you can help
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 13:37:11 GMT
Here's the most important ways that you can help with ApacheCon EU right
now, in order of importance.

* If you are involved in an Apache project that has content at
ApacheCon, send messages to your users@ and dev@ list telling them about
that content, and telling people that they need to be there. Tell them
specifically what talks they need to come for, and what developers
they'll get to hang out with at the event. Tell them that they are doing
their career a disservice if they don't come to this event. Remind them
that committers have a deep discount, so if they're not committers now,
here's a *great* reason for them to get on that train for next time.
Remind the US audience that if they can't make it to Budapest, they
should plan to come to Austin in April.

* Reach out to other audiences - Twitter, Facebook, and G+, certainly,
but also other non-Apache projects you're involved with that have strong
overlap with our content. Again, mention specific talks and people that
will be at the event.

* If your company cares about or relies on any Apache technology,
encourage them to sponsor the event and/or send an employee to the
event. Remind them that it's about more than just the technical content
- they will get to have first-hand contact with the people that develop
the software, and become part of that community, with the possibility to
participate in shaping the future of that product. If there's a spark of
interest in sponsorship, have them get in touch with me -
rbowen@apache.org - and we'll take it from there.

* Follow and retweet the @apachecon account.

--
rbowen@apache.org