community-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon w/ infant - logistics
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2014 19:36:07 GMT

On Aug 12, 2014, at 3:01 PM, Isabel Drost-Fromm <isabel@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know any Hungarians that I could ask and during my last visit this
> topic wasn't exactly on the agenda to explore so trying here in case
> someone knows:
>
> I'm planning to travel to ApacheCon EU together with my husband and our
> little one. From a friend of mine I know that there are European countries
> where ready made baby mashes e.g. by Hipp or Alete aren't available - she
> found out only after arrival and was very happy to have booked an apartment
> including a kitchen.
>
> So before booking the wrong room for ApacheCon or overpacking: Am I right
> in assuming that purchasing Hipp/Alete and Pampers stuff won't be a problem
> in Budapest?

I have been there (and live in France), Budapest 'downtown' is quite modern.
Pampers/diapers is definitely no issue, I am not sure about Hipp/Alete specific brand but
am I quite confident you will find baby food.

I used to travel a lot with my boys when they were < 3 and we always had a few 'meals'
in the suitcase to cover the first 24/48 hours..just in case.

-sebastien