community-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [ApacheCon] Contacting dev@ and users@ lists
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:28:57 GMT
On 08/25/2014 01:16 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> ApacheCon is now less than three months away, and it's time to contact
> our projects and tell them why they should attend the event. I need a
> lot of help in making this happen. With 190 projects, it's a significant
> task to send targeted messages, rather than just spamming all of our
> lists with a generic announcement.
>
> What I need help with:
>
> * Identifying the projects that have relevant content at ApacheCon
> * Contacting the dev@ and users@ list of that project with a targeted
> message listing the talks/events that are of interest, including not
> only technical content but also the community content, lightning talks,
> evening events, and keynotes.  I could use some help writing the
> boilerplate text that we want to send out, which would then be filled in
> with content specific to that project or projects.
> * Keeping track of what projects have been contacted, so that we're not
> spamming them.
> * Getting individual speakers to blog about the presentations they will
> be giving, and mentioning these blog posts on the relevant mailing lists.
>

> If you're willing to pitch in, please let me know, and I'll add you to
> the Google Doc where I'm tracking this stuff. This kind of message is
> always better received when it comes from someone that the community
> already knows.

Yeah, in fact I'd be happy to take lead on this to take some weight off
your shoulders. Promoting ApacheCon is pretty essential - that's one of
the things I took away from the CIO forum last week in Chicago.

Do you prefer Google Docs/spreadsheets to track all this sort of stuff?

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier