community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@redhat.com>
Subject [ApacheCon] Contacting dev@ and users@ lists
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:16:11 GMT
ApacheCon is now less than three months away, and it's time to contact
our projects and tell them why they should attend the event. I need a
lot of help in making this happen. With 190 projects, it's a significant
task to send targeted messages, rather than just spamming all of our
lists with a generic announcement.

What I need help with:

* Identifying the projects that have relevant content at ApacheCon
* Contacting the dev@ and users@ list of that project with a targeted
message listing the talks/events that are of interest, including not
only technical content but also the community content, lightning talks,
evening events, and keynotes.  I could use some help writing the
boilerplate text that we want to send out, which would then be filled in
with content specific to that project or projects.
* Keeping track of what projects have been contacted, so that we're not
spamming them.
* Getting individual speakers to blog about the presentations they will
be giving, and mentioning these blog posts on the relevant mailing lists.

If you're willing to pitch in, please let me know, and I'll add you to
the Google Doc where I'm tracking this stuff. This kind of message is
always better received when it comes from someone that the community
already knows.

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@redhat.com
OpenStack Community Liaison