community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheCon] Titles and Abstracts
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 18:24:51 GMT

On 08/08/2014 09:16 AM, Branko Čibej wrote:
> Can I make a typographical complaint, too? There are dashes (-) before
> the speaker names, which should be either m-dashes (— &mdash;) or
> n-dashes (– &ndash;).

This is a function of the Sched.org site itself, and apparently not
something that I can do anything about.

> Some project names are not written correctly, at a glance I found OFBiz:
> It's sometimes written "Ofbiz", and sometimes "Apache-OFBiz", both of
> which are wrong; the correct spelling is "Apache OFBiz" or just "OFBiz".

I believe I've fixed all of these in the titles, although it looks like
the Apache-OFBiz spelling might persist a place or two in abstracts.
Still looking.

> "From Squid To Happines In 42 Easy Step" is missing a plural form in the
> last word.

Fixed

> Capitalization of the session titles is still not consistent.

This will take a lot more work. It looks like someone ran a script over
all of the talk titles to camel-cap them, and in the process did some
Bad Things. :(

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon