community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject [ApacheCon] Titles and Abstracts
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2014 12:59:48 GMT
As you all know, the schedule for ApacheCon is now published, and
registrations are starting to come in. I should have numbers on that
real soon. Meanwhile, now that I'm finally caught up on most work
things, after being out of the office for two weeks, I'm starting back
on some of the ApacheCon related tasks.

Here's how you can help.

* Look at the schedule at http://apacheconeu2014.sched.org/grid/ looking
for places where someone is speaking twice at once, or where there's an
obvious conflict between two talks (ie, the same topic at the same time).

* See if a speaker is giving two (or more) talks back to back.

* See if the talk ordering in a particular track doesn't make any sense,
or, at least, could be improved.

* Read titles and abstracts. Can they be improved? Is a title unclear,
not compelling, not descriptive, just plain boring? Are there typos,
grammatical errors, or awkward sentences in the abstract? Are there
placeholders that need to be filled? That kind of thing.

* If you are a speaker, blog about your presentations, telling people
why they should be there. Tweet about it. G+, Facebook, LinkedIn,
MySpace, whatever you have to do. Get the word out. YOU are the most
effective way to get people to the conference. Tell your projects' dev
and user lists, forums, NNTP groups and local meetup lists. Help us wish
we had a bigger venue.

If you encounter any of this stuff, email me, or respond to this thread,
so that we can get it fixed.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon