community-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Kelly <kelly...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tutorial schedule
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2014 14:23:39 GMT
On 4 Aug 2014, at 4:22 pm, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> Reroutinng the mail to the proper list.
>

> On 4 August 2014 10:32, Peter Kelly <kellypmk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> I was just looking at the tutorial schedule for apachecon, and noticed that mine (titled
"Addressing file format compatibility in word processors") is not listed there. The other
two talks Louis and I are giving are listed. Do you know when the tutorial is scheduled for?

> As far as I can see, the tutorial is not scheduled. but there are still plenty of room.
.You are aware that tutorials is something visitors have to pay extra for, and when you make
a tutorial,  you promise to sell at least 5 tickets.

I am now :)

What is needed in order for it to be scheduled? Is there something I need to do myself, or
is that a committee thing? I didn't see anything on the LF website that let me request a scheduling
time.

Once this is fixed and listed on the website I'll mention it on oo-dev and elsewhere.

> Also, would it be possible for Louis and I to be listed as co-presenters on all three?
We'll both be there and have a role in each, though the exact makeup of these talks in terms
of who is covering what is something we've yet to decide on. I'll be the primary presenter
of the tutorial, and probably Louis on the other two.
> That is an easy change which you can do yourself, following the schedule link you got
from LF.

I think I must have missed this mail or didn't receive such a link.

--
Dr. Peter M. Kelly
Founder, UX Productivity

PGP key: http://www.kellypmk.net/pgp-key