community-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Keynote Promotion? (was Re: [ApacheCon] Contacting dev@ and users@ lists)
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2014 01:03:36 GMT
On Mon, Aug 25, 2014, at 01:16 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:
> * Getting individual speakers to blog about the presentations they will
> be giving, and mentioning these blog posts on the relevant mailing lists.

I think one of our avenues for "big" coverage pre-ApacheCon would be our
non-ASF keynotes: Douglas Carswell and Hugh Howey.

Do we know if they have any interest in doing interviews or appearances
on podcasts, etc.?

Pretty sure I could line up interviews / podcasts for Carswell and
Howey, if they can make time to do them. I expect Carswell to have a
tighter schedule, but we might be able to wrangle a few good pieces of
coverage if he will make the time.

Note that both Carswell and Howey also have twitter followings near 20K,
so it'd be helpful even if they do no more than tweet a few times
they'll be at ApacheCon. (Though, of course, I hope they'll do more than
that!)

Rich, or whomever is our contact with Carswell and Howey, can you make
an intro?

Best,

jzb
--