community-dev mailing list archives

From sebgoa <run...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU schedule overview
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2014 07:04:36 GMT

On Aug 27, 2014, at 5:30 PM, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:

> On 08/11/2014 07:19 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> I understand that the exact details of the ApacheCon EU schedule may change as the
event approaches, but is the overview at

>> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/program/overview
>>
>> to be considered final? I.e., sessions run Monday to Wednesday and on Thursday/Friday
there is no conference content except the paid tutorials?

>> Is an "ordinary" attendee like me (i.e., coming only for the conference and not planning
to attend tutorials) expected to leave on Wednesday evening or there is still access to the
venue on Thursday and Friday, and the possibility to meet people and discuss/hack together?

> There will be events on Thursday and Friday, like the Cloudstack conference. ApacheCon
attendees may attend the CloudStack event also. And the hackathon space will be available
all week long.

The CloudStack conference is 99 euros add-on to ApacheCon.

In Denver, we had over a hundred no shows from folks registered for ApacheCon who said they
would attend CloudStack conference, so we decided to put a small cost to it.

> If you want to do some kind of event on Thursday or Friday, like an Open Office hackathon,
or even present more content, please let me know soon, as people are already making travel/lodging
plans and those will be harder to change as time goes on.