community-dev mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Re: Proposing for Apache Member?
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 19:21:15 GMT
It is correct that VPs (e.g.  PMC chairs) are not necessarily Members,
though it is common that such individuals are nominated for membership at
the next opportunity.

If we made foundation membership a requirement for PMC chairs we would be
limiting the project communities choice for the role of chair based on
foundational merit. That would not be appropriate.