community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Understanding the commit-then-review workflow
Date Thu, 10 Jul 2014 11:26:24 GMT
On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 3:03 AM, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
> ....Any committer should be allowed to -1 a commit (with reasons) and whoever made the
commit should have to either
> revert or answer the reasons and gain consensus...

That's my understanding of the "Vetos" section at

That page says that a "qualified voter" can -1 a  commit, technically
I suppose this means a PMC member, but I'd say -1s coming from
contributors should be processed in the same way.

Anyway, those -1s should be very rare, if people see them often that
means IMO something's wrong with the project - or with its code
structure, as modularization often helps by reducing the surface on
which people need to agree. Moving to RTC for the critical parts of a
project, while staying on CTR on other parts, can also help.

-Bertrand