community-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Fernández <wik...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Linked Data track (Was Re: ApacheCon EU: What I need help with)
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2014 06:32:03 GMT
Hi Rich,

On 14/07/14 17:19, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Hey, Linked Data folks, I need some last minute help.
>
> http://tm3.org/aceu2014tracks - see Linked Data tab
>
> There are 9 talks marked Accept, 4 talks marked Average.

Personally I'm fine with the result of the evaluation, accepting those
9. Maybe putting in the proposal "Enterprise Integration Patterns in
Apache Stanbol", because I personally know there is much more stuff than
what the proposal describes. Besides we already talked with one of the
guys with two talks (one accepted, one rejected) to maybe merge both
proposals into one talk.

So that would mean 10 talks, booking 2 slots for the panel discussions,
if you still think is a good idea (read bellow).

What the decisions has to be taken? Because I think Andy is on vacations
for some days.

> I can run 12 talks, or I can run 6 talks, but I need your help selecting
> which ones. I had some questions out to Sergio on Friday, but haven't
> heard back, and any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, I missed that email.

Well, without knowing the general layout, we sketched a full day track
http://s.apache.org/4P5 with 9 slots (mixing short and long ones), plus
a final discussion panel.

How would be the final slots design?

> Also, there was a mention of a Linked Data social even, to which I asked:
>
> I was also wondering about your listed Social Event. Do you have a
> sponsor that would cover drinks/food at such an event? Were you thinking
> an informal "meet at a pub" kind of event, or a sponsored party? Is this
> something that would be open to all attendees, or would it be a more
> private thing? What did you have in mind?

It is also particularly interesting for us to gather together with other
data-intensive projects to discuss the intersection of their approaches
with Linked Data / Semantic Web technologies. There are some projects
(good represented by talks) quite related with other Apache projects
(Hadoop, Solr, Camel, ManifoldCF, etc).

Actually we didn't think so much about it... We do not have sponsor, and
wewere thinking about something much informal and open to everybody. So,
if it is not feasible to allocate it, I think we can manage to gather
together the community with the panel discussion, and try to meet for a
beer somewhere. Although I'd prefer to await for Andy to decide
something about that.

Thanks so much for all your support on this, Rich.

Cheers,

--
Sergio Fernández
Partner Technology Manager