community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon - Uncategorized talks
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2014 22:42:03 GMT
On 11/07/2014 Rich Bowen wrote:
> There are currently 48 talks that are still uncategorized. This makes it
> hard for me to schedule them. And, alas, I need help categorizing them.

I tried to help but we are now at 49... I had to move back an irrelevant
submission that had been mistakenly inserted in the  OpenOffice tab.

What I noticed by looking at the reviews is that we still have way too
few reviews in some cases. Some talks only have one rating and no
explanation for that rating. So, if we really have to cut half of the
talks, we also need a better coverage. Of course, a typical Apache
committer like me can only express a meaningful opinion on about 10% of
the submissions, so we'd probably need some more reviewers, or ask the
relevant PMC to review the track before publication.

Regards,
   Andrea.