community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU: What I need help with
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 16:49:39 GMT
Thank you all for your enormous help so far. I can still use some help
if we're going to make a *July 15th* deadline for CFP notifications.
Here's what you can still do:

The spreadsheet is at *http://tm3.org/aceu2014tracks*

* Check the first tab. If something isn't in a track (ie, isn't color
coded in any way), put it in one. Even if it's a track with only one
thing in it. Otherwise it might get overlooked later on.

* Check a track you know something about - if you disagree, move stuff
to another track. Note that some tracks are topic based, while other
tracks are project based. We want to build tracks that people will
attend, not necessarily tracks that are 100% correctly categorized, so
think about topics rather than just projects, if possible.

* If a track is huge, consider splitting into logical subsets (days of
the same track, maybe?) The Big Data track is a likely candidate for
this, as is community. (Internal facing, vs external facing community,
worked well as categorizations at ACNA.)

* Within a track, sort by type - that is, list regular sessions first,
then tutorials, then lightning talks and bofs, with a blank line between
each group.

* And, still, we need reviewers. There are a lot of unreviewed talks.
That's at
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/cfp/cfp-list?field_presentation_event_target_id%5B%5D=2260

Thanks!