community-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
Subject Re: Understanding the commit-then-review workflow
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 01:35:18 GMT
Hi,

> Ugh.  That looks garbled to me.  What exactly is a "code modification vote?"  Any committer
should be allowed to -1 a commit (with reasons)

Any committer can vote -1 it's just not normally binding (depending on project guidelines),
I certainly can't see it being ignored when it does happen, even a -1 by a user is probably
trying to tell you something is up :-) There was a long discussion about this when we were
drafting up the Apache Flex guidelines as the default rules are not always clear. The was
an attempt to get this wording fixed up but not much come of it.

Thanks,
Justin