community-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Understanding the commit-then-review workflow
Date Wed, 09 Jul 2014 07:12:07 GMT
I think the vetoing -1 from PMCs is mainly used for 'legal' reasons. If e.g. some new committer
adds code which he took from an external project and it's license is not appropriate.
I've not yet seen -1 for purely technical reasons. This might happen. But usually a consensus
is reached after the pros and cons got discussed on the list.

LieGrue,
strub

On Wednesday, 9 July 2014, 3:36, Justin Mclean <justin@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>> Ugh.  That looks garbled to me.  What exactly is a "code modification vote?"
Any committer should be allowed to -1 a commit (with reasons)

>Any committer can vote -1 it's just not normally binding (depending on project guidelines),
I certainly can't see it being ignored when it does happen, even a -1 by a user is probably
trying to tell you something is up :-) There was a long discussion about this when we were
drafting up the Apache Flex guidelines as the default rules are not always clear. The was
an attempt to get this wording fixed up but not much come of it.