community-dev mailing list archives

From Kay Schenk <ksch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache@ OSCON question
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2014 15:59:05 GMT
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 8:28 AM, Melissa Warnkin <
missywarnkin@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> Hi Kay,
>
> What kind of project giveaways are you thinking of? Let me know - I'll be
> more than happy to accommodate this if I can.  Please be sure to contact
> brand management if approval is needed!!!

Truthfully, I didn't have anything particular in mind -- I was just
wondering about this booth generally.

> As Ross mentioned, I'm the primary booth staffer, but there are always a
> handful of volunteers that help at the booth (staffing during breaks/lunch
> and help with the setup/teardown).  Shane will be my sidekick at the booth
> this year.  If you or others from your project will be attending OSCON and
> would like to be present at the booth at a specific time to talk to the
> attendees, just let me know.

OK, I'll ask  about this. I think OpenOffice does have some popular items
that have been used at other events.

We could always send out a broadcast via social media about "stop by the
> ASF's booth at XXX to speak with the reps from Project XXX".  That goes for
> the other projects as well!!
>
> It's always great to have someone from the community at the booth to
> answer technical questions!!
>
> Please let me know if you have any further questions.
>
> Have a great day - speak soon,
>
> ~Melissa

OK, and thanks for the information.

Kay Schenk@Apache OpenOffice

“Things work out best for those who make the best of how things work out.”

-- John Wooden