community-dev mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ComDev scope and lists
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2014 08:00:36 GMT
Hi Brett,

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 7:49 AM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> ...I feel like the ASF is seeing a pattern where we need something like "committer relations",
that can focus on
> providing resources and assistance to any committer, while not interfering with individual
project boundaries.
> I'm willing to take up that initiative with others interested - but also quite happy
to acknowledge it might be
> more overhead than value if existing groups can address that need. The first thing I
wanted to do was clarify
> whether ComDev already feels like it has this responsibility in whole or part....

I like the idea of this new(ish) mission, and while it's not strictly
in scope of the current comdev charter I suspect the current comdev
group would be well suited to tackle this, especially if you're
willing to join and help.

I suggest modifying the comdev mission to include both helping people
in becoming Apache contributors/committers and handling general
discussions and guidance between committers. There's lots of overlaps
between these things anyway.

-Bertrand