community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon CFP closed, now the hard work starts
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2014 15:23:09 GMT

On 06/26/2014 10:20 AM, Joe Brockmeier wrote:

> On 06/26/2014 09:17 AM, Jan Willem Janssen wrote:
>> I already started reviewing a couple, but the CFP system has the
>> tendency to lose my filter settings after each review :( Is there
>> a way we can ping the nice folks at LF on fixing this? It would
>> really make my reviewing experience a lot easier...
> Last time I reviewed something in the LF's CfP system, they said it
> was OK to just download the CSV file and work through it in a
> spreadsheet.
>
> I too find the system a bit cumbersome, though the CSV is only
> marginally less so.
>
> If it's OK with C. this time around, you could do that instead.

I've got a spreadsheet at
https://docs.google.com/a/rcbowen.com/spreadsheets/d/1NSFxoGYkzpkorJkRN7CNnZpsaO59qro3L5YjeTBVSZE/edit#gid=0

where I'll be attempting to break stuff up into tracks. What we did last
time was that - we had a spreadsheet, we divided it into topics, and
went through and marked stuff accepted or rejected based on CFP ratings.
I've just started that process, and don't expect to get anything done
today or tomorrow, but if we work together on the "split into tracks"
bit, then there's much less for folks to review - you just review the
topics that you know something about. Sound reasonable?

--Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon