community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU CFP Review - Help needed
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 20:31:14 GMT

On 06/17/2014 04:12 PM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Rich Bowen wrote:
>> The ApacheCon EU CFP closes in a week, as you know. We need your help
>> reviewing the talks that have been submitted. Those of you who helped
>> with Denver are already on the list, but if there are other people that
>> want to be involved in reviewing the content and selecting the schedule
>> for ACEU, please let me know, and I'll get you added to the auth list.
>
> User pescetti. I plan to submit at least one talk too, but I guess we
> can cope with that.
>
>> I don't yet know how many tracks we'll end up with - it depends on what
>> talks come in over the next week.
>
> We are now five months to the conference. Sure, organizers have their
> needs and that's how it works, and that's right by definition.
>
> Still, requesting submissions now could well miss some relevant
> content that simply we can't imagine since hopefully all projects will
> have some news worth presenting in the next five months. Is there a
> provision to deal with this? Like lighting talks about recent (so to
> say) developments? Or shall we encourage generic submissions, now, of
> "stuff that may be there in five months"? I personally would go for
> this last option, to avoid missing interesting content. But if there
> are guidelines I'll be happy to follow them.

There are lightning talks, and if you come up with something closer to
the conference, we can see about fitting it in. There's always extra slots.

Attendance was poor in Denver at least in part due to the short lead.
You need 3-4 months to get on budgets, or people can't find the money to
come to the event.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon