community-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Pescetti <pesce...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon EU CFP Review - Help needed
Date Tue, 17 Jun 2014 20:12:57 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:
> The ApacheCon EU CFP closes in a week, as you know. We need your help
> reviewing the talks that have been submitted. Those of you who helped
> with Denver are already on the list, but if there are other people that
> want to be involved in reviewing the content and selecting the schedule
> for ACEU, please let me know, and I'll get you added to the auth list.

User pescetti. I plan to submit at least one talk too, but I guess we
can cope with that.

> I don't yet know how many tracks we'll end up with - it depends on what
> talks come in over the next week.

We are now five months to the conference. Sure, organizers have their
needs and that's how it works, and that's right by definition.

Still, requesting submissions now could well miss some relevant content
that simply we can't imagine since hopefully all projects will have some
news worth presenting in the next five months. Is there a provision to
deal with this? Like lighting talks about recent (so to say)
developments? Or shall we encourage generic submissions, now, of "stuff
that may be there in five months"? I personally would go for this last
option, to avoid missing interesting content. But if there are
guidelines I'll be happy to follow them.

Regards,
   Andrea.