community-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSoC Mentors - need a volunteer to speak w/Cat Allman from Google
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:56:57 GMT
Hi Melissa,

I am available at that time and will be happy to share some success stories. I have tried
two three approaches in betters engaging students and ways to attract them to contribute beyond
GSoC. I will be happy discuss all these experiences.

Thanks,
Suresh

On Jun 25, 2014, at 4:45 PM, Melissa Warnkin <missywarnkin@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:

> GSoC Community:
>
> Are there any GSoC mentors available next Wednesday at 9:30AM Pacific to jump on a call
with Upayavira, Ross, myself and Cat Allman from Google? She would like to talk to past Apache
GSoC mentors about their projects and experiences with the GSoC program.

> Having the opportunity of providing your experience to the folks responsible for this
program at Google is a great way of showing them the impact their sponsorship of GSoC has
on the students!!

> Please let me know who is available to share with us your success stories, and I will
have Cat forward the call information.