community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon keynotes
Date Thu, 22 May 2014 09:58:01 GMT
On Wed, 21 May 2014, David Nalley wrote:
> On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 6:42 PM, Andrea Pescetti <pescetti@apache.org> wrote:
>> I find this is an excellent idea (well, I just happened to use a couple
>> of almost unknown Apache projects for work and I wished I had known
>> about them earlier, since the one-line description in Board Reports is
>> definitely too terse!) and I would like to see a presentation like
>> this. Maybe not as a keynote, since those tend to be for the general
>> public, but as part of a "Community" track.
>
> I'd urge you to give a presentation about the 'almost unknowns' you
> discovered. Perhaps research another 10 in the process. I doubt that
> anyone knows the breadth of the ASF. Your discoveries would likely be
> eye opening for the audience. '10 projects you've never head of but wish
> you had'

I've done a few talks along those lines in the past, whihc have been a lot
of work to prepare for, but generally very popular!

"If you have the content, Apache has the technology"
Apache Content Technologies overview
ACNA2011: http://lanyrd.com/2011/apachecon-north-america/skdqf/

"The other Apache technologies your big data solution needs"
Lesser known Big Data related projects, and non Big Data ones that
complement them
Berlin Buzzwords: http://2013.berlinbuzzwords.de/sessions/other-apache-technologies-your-big-data-solution-needs
BBuzz video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMf24-gGR_0&index=27&list=PLq-odUc2x7i8Qg4j2fix-QN6bjup-QYJW
ACNA2011: http://lanyrd.com/2011/apachecon-north-america/skdqy/

The big data one gets harder every time I do it, we just keep adding too
many projects...!

Nick