community-dev mailing list archives

From <rgard...@opendirective.com>
Subject Event in a Box budget
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 14:51:48 GMT
Many people here will recall that  we previously discussed ComDev owning the “event in a
box”. ASs a reminder this is a kit of “things” that are useful for projects that plan
to put on an event of some kind. The details of which have been discussed on this list.

Melissa has completed a full inventory and costing for these materials, including insurance
and shipping to various locations.  Melissa will also manage the box in terms of replenishing
consumable items and coordinating its shipping around the country.

I would like to request that ComDev own the budget for this item and help to ensure that it
is effectively used across the foundations projects (I.e. help to ensure PMCs now of its existence).
There is already an process for managing its use (in the old ConCom wiki) and the logistics
have been worked out by Melissa.

Initially we planned to have a box in the US and a Box in the EU. However, the logistics of
managing a box in the EU are more complicated. My proposal is only to budget for a US box
at this time and, if necessary, seek additional funds for an EU box should a volunteer to
manage it and demand emerge.

As a member of this PMC I am happy to take on responsibility for this, of course I would welcome
help from others as well as expect the PMC to backfill as best as possible should I be unable
to continue in this role.

I include the content list and estimated costs below.

Event In A Box $3110

  * Shipping $800

  * Consumables replenishment $330

  * Hard case $330

  * Equipment $1650

Based on 8 events in the year at an average shipping cost of $100 per event and replenishment
of consumables as required.

Event in a Box content list:

Physical Content List:
Standard giveaways
Apache BarCamp banner (for BarCamps only)
Apache table skirt
Pens
Thick felt pens of varying colors
Blue Tack
Masking tape
Easel Pads (for schedule grid) (for BarCamps only)
Blank A4 paper (for schedule grid) (for BarCamps only)
Post-Its of various sizes
Name badges
Registration sheets – In box or have coordinator bring to the event???
Rubbish bags
Power strips …..how many and what kind (6packs)???? Depending on location, buy locally
Extension cords….how many and what length???? Depending on location, buy locally
Highlighters
Pack of various display port adapters
Travel converters

Sent from Surface