community-dev mailing list archives

From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Event in a Box budget
Date Fri, 02 May 2014 16:15:08 GMT
Jan, thank you for your email! Yes indeed - Jan has graciously volunteered to be the "European
Hub"; however, we were basically talking in terms of stickers, promotional material, etc.
We did not specifically talk about the "EITB".

Nick - I had estimated the weight to be approximately 81 lbs.  Keep in mind, this is purely
an estimate since I do not have the materials on hand!! The size of the case is 51x24x10,
and IIRC the case alone weighs approx 20-25 lbs.

~M

________________________________
 From: Nick Burch <nick@apache.org>
To: "dev@community.apache.org" <dev@community.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, May 2, 2014 11:33 AM
Subject: Re: Event in a Box budget

On Fri, 2 May 2014, rgardler@opendirective.com wrote:
> Initially we planned to have a box in the US and a Box in the EU.
> However, the logistics of managing a box in the EU are more complicated.
> My proposal is only to budget for a US box at this time and, if
> necessary, seek additional funds for an EU box should a volunteer to
> manage it and demand emerge.

Could you clarify how big the box is set to be, and how heavy it's likely
to be? That might influence if we're able to rustle up an EU box volunteer
before budget time!

> There is already an process for managing its use (in the old ConCom
> wiki) and the logistics have been worked out by Melissa.

For anyone wondering about the location of these wiki pages, the
best starting point is http://wiki.apache.org/concom-planning/EventInABox

Nick