community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Event Calendar
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 16:41:38 GMT
On Wed, 9 Apr 2014, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Who has access to the Apache event calendar -
> https://community.apache.org/calendars/conferences.html  I know you do, but
> does anybody else?

Anyone who asks!

> What's the policy for what gets put on there? Is it only official events
> like ApacheCon, barcamp, meetups, etc, or does it also include
> third-party conferences like Lucene Revolution and whatnot? Or is that
> kind of vague at the moment?

>From http://events.apache.org/event/calendar.html :

"This Calendar is maintained by the Apache Conferences Committee (ConCom).
It's used to list official Apache events, and those events which have been
approved to use Apache Marks under the Third Party Event Branding Policy."

(Someone may want to tweak that text given the death of concom...)

> I see that http://hadoopsummit.org/amsterdam/ isn't listed, for example - is
> this by design, or just got overlooked?

Did they get the third party event branding nod? If so, whoever gave the
approval used to be supposed to add it to the calendar, but I've no idea
if that rule still exists in the new setup...

Nick