community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Apache Event Calendar
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 15:16:52 GMT
Melissa,

I keep forgetting to mention this, so while I'm thinking of it ...

Who has access to the Apache event calendar -
https://community.apache.org/calendars/conferences.html  I know you do,
but does anybody else?

What's the policy for what gets put on there? Is it only official events
like ApacheCon, barcamp, meetups, etc, or does it also include
third-party conferences like Lucene Revolution and whatnot? Or is that
kind of vague at the moment?

I see that http://hadoopsummit.org/amsterdam/ isn't listed, for example
- is this by design, or just got overlooked?

Is this something that warrants further discussion?

Personally, I think we should err on the side of promoting any event
where Apache content is primary, but not so far as to promote things
like Pycon, LinuxCon and so on, where although Apache community building
might happen, it's just too much noise - this isn't a general conference
calendar.

Thoughts?

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon