community-dev mailing list archives

From Melissa Warnkin <missywarn...@yahoo.com>
Subject 2014 Hadoop Summit, Amsterdam??? was Re: Apache Event Calendar
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2014 17:59:23 GMT
Thanks, Ted.

Bringing Shane into the loop.  Shane, do you have any record of receiving request for approval
for this? I don't have any records.

Thanks,
~M

________________________________
 From: Ted Dunning <ted.dunning@gmail.com>
To: "dev@community.apache.org" <dev@community.apache.org>
Cc: Melissa Warnkin <missywarnkin@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, April 9, 2014 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: Apache Event Calendar

On Wed, Apr 9, 2014 at 9:41 AM, Nick Burch <nick@apache.org> wrote:

> I see that http://hadoopsummit.org/amsterdam/ isn't listed, for example -
>> is this by design, or just got overlooked?
>>

> Did they get the third party event branding nod? If so, whoever gave the
> approval used to be supposed to add it to the calendar, but I've no idea if
> that rule still exists in the new setup...

I haven't been able to find any record of any approval for any of the
Hadoop Summits.  I checked Hadoop PMC mailing list, trademarks, concom as
well as general searches of all mailing lists.

There is one mention of Hadoop World asking permission to do "the same
thing as last year".  No record of approval of branding, however.

Presumably this means that these conferences have been approved off-line
somehow.  That seems a little exceptional, however.