community-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: ApacheCon community panel
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:36:10 GMT
On Mon, 10 Mar 2014, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Do folks think that this will make a good panel discussion (obvious, I
> do), and, if so, who should participate in such a panel? I'd love to see
> someone from the board, and someone from the Cordova PMC. Suggestions as
> to who that should be?

I'd vote for someone from infra too. My reading of the debate was that
there'd be additional tooling needed to support a community that wanted to
release that fast if they were to still maintain the levels of checking we
want + not burn out trying. A comdev volunteer might round it out as well,
since there were concerns about how volunteers and new community members
would be encouraged + supported to participate if there were lots of "work
hours" community members involved in the fast cadence process.

As for the board member, do you want a fireworks filled session, a lively
debate, or a quiet but very productive one? ;-)

Nick