community-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: ApacheCon community panel
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2014 12:47:38 GMT
On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 8:22 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
> It might be more interesting to skip Cordova altogether. The industry
> is full of ferment about CD. If everyone checks their rhetoric at the
> door, there could be an interesting conversation about how to mesh the
> ideas of CD and the ideals of the ASF.

Agreed. I (from my comfortable arm chair, looking on) don't see
Cordova as being a snowflake; but the larger topic is interesting.  I
do see the software industry and a lot of open source projects waving
the CD flag. I personally don't see CD and the Apache Way as mutually
exclusive, though I see problems it could create if not handled well.

--David