community-dev mailing list archives

From Isabel Drost <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: On geeks growing up - wrt. ApacheCon
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2014 18:56:18 GMT
On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 10:42:11AM -0800, Ted Dunning wrote:
> I have to say one of the most fun conferences I have ever attended was the
> third ALife conference.  They had a lego play area for children attending.
>  Happily, very few children were there which allowed the rest of us to
> spend many hours building responsive bots.  Balancing sticks.  Orienting
> responders.  Line followers.  It was awesome.

:-D One very great event for me was attending a soldering+Arduino workshop by Mitch Altman
and Jimmie Rodgers (kits included) - usually targeted at school kids it was attended mostly
by software engineers who in their daily life don't do a lot of building boards themselves
and enjoyed getting LEDs to blink in all sorts of colours.

Isabel