community-dev mailing list archives

From "Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo" <thiag...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can we support a faster release cadence?
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:42:06 GMT
On Tue, 11 Feb 2014 03:51:25 -0200, Marvin Humphrey
<marvin@rectangular.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM, Dave Fisher <dave2wave@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>> I have a real example where defined cadence is not as good as the
>> Apache Way.
>
> Apache policy does not forbid releasing on a predictable schedule.
> Projects
> are already free to release quarterly, monthly, or even weekly if they
> choose.

So why don't projects that want to have weekly releases just do that with
the current Apache rules? As it was already pointed out, too short a
voting cycle and many (I'd say most) of the PMC members just cannot follow
it because they're volunteers working on their free time.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br