community-dev mailing list archives

From Megan Bucks <megan.bu...@lucidworks.com>
Subject Request to use Apache Solr in association with Solr Exchange
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 06:28:33 GMT
Solr Exchange is a series of one-day events hosted by LucidWorks to bring together Solr users
and developers from a given area to learn how local companies are working with Solr. The first
Exchange is planned for Washington, DC on April 16, with more cities and dates to follow.

I am writing to request approval of the use of Apache marks in support of Solr Exchange: DC.

*         ORGANIZER: Solr Exchange events are organized by LucidWorks.

*         DATE(S): Solr Exchange: DC is scheduled for April 16, 2014

*         PMC INVOLVEMENT: LucidWorks has on its staff 9 Lucene/Solr committers who are actively
involved in the planning of the event and educational program.

*         MARKS REQUESTED: We are requesting approval for use of "Solr."

*         ASF COMMUNITY PARTNER LISTING: The event obtains sponsorships from partner technology
companies and implementation/educational companies. All sponsors are listed on the event listing
on lucidworks.com<http://lucidworks.com>. The ASF would be listed on that page as a
community sponsor.

*         EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM SELECTION: The Solr Exchange: DC educational program is curated
from regional companies using Solr. The LucidWorks Customer Success and Professional Services
teams are hands-on with these companies and have nominated a select few to present their use
cases and learning experiences from their Solr deployment. All nominations are reviewed by
our on-staff PMC members and companies are invited to present.

*         PROFIT/NON-PROFIT: The event is not for profit. There is no admission fee.

Thank you very much for your consideration, and please do not hesitate to contact me if you
have questions or would like additional information. I look forward to your reply.

Thanks,

Meg

Megan Bucks | Marketing | LucidWorks
(415) 601-3632<tel:%28415%29%20601-3632> (mobile)
Megan.bucks@lucidworks.com<mailto:Megan.bucks@lucidworks.com>