community-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can we support a faster release cadence?
Date Fri, 07 Feb 2014 18:19:19 GMT
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 12:35 PM, Alex Harui <aharui@adobe.com> wrote:
> IMO, a more important question is:  Does it fit within the "Apache Way" of "Community
over Code" to have a project release on a particular schedule?
> Because it feels to me that if you have a release cadence then you are saying "Clock
over Community".

This assumes the schedule isn't for the benefit of the community, or
that it's so rhetorically rigid that it might not be in every
instance.

I don't think on its own it is any less compatible with the "Apache
Way" then not having a particular schedule.  Either extreme can be to
the detriment of the community (like many otherwise mundane things)