community-dev mailing list archives

From David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>
Subject Re: FW: Request to use Apache Lucene/Solr in association with the next Lucene/Solr Revolution
Date Fri, 21 Feb 2014 00:04:17 GMT
Copying Megan this time.

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 6:30 PM, David Nalley <david@gnsa.us> wrote:
> Hi Megan:
>
> Thanks for the well documented request. As an all-volunteer
> organization it will likely take us several days to get you a
> meaningful response; but I wanted to at least acknowledge the request.
> I appreciate the respect you folks are showing towards the ASF marks.
>
> --David
>
> On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 4:35 PM, Megan Bucks <megan.bucks@lucidworks.com> wrote:
>>
>> I am writing to request approval of the use of Apache marks in support of Lucene/Solr
Revolution.

>> *         ORGANIZER: Lucene/Solr Revolution is organized by LucidWorks.
>>
>> *         DATE: The event is scheduled for November 11-14 in Washington DC
>>
>> *         PMC INVOLVEMENT: LucidWorks has on its staff 9 Lucene and/or Solr committers
who are actively involved in the planning of the event and educational program. The Lucene/Solr
Revolution's educational program submissions are initially reviewed by a committee of both
LucidWorks and non-employee committers.

>> *         MARKS REQUESTED: We are requesting approval for use of "Lucene" and "Solr."
>>
>> *         ASF COMMUNITY PARTNER LISTING: The event obtains sponsorships from partner
technology companies and implementation/educational companies. Additionally, media/publishing
companies are listed when they provide an in-kind sponsorship of educational materials on
site (ex: Manning books). All sponsors are listed on the sidebar of every page of lucenerevolution.org.
The ASF would be listed on that sidebar as a community sponsor.

>> *         EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM SELECTION: The event has an open CFP process and all
submissions are reviewed by a committee of the above-mentioned PMC members on the LucidWorks
staff as well as other community members employed elsewhere (the committee typically consists
of 6-8 individuals).  The committee reviews all submissions for relevance and strength and
then recommends the submissions that are then included in a community voting review to determine
the final set of presentations.

>> *         PROFIT/NON-PROFIT: The event is not for profit. LucidWorks hosts this event
as an investment in and contribution to the continued vibrancy of the Lucene/Solr community
and typically incurs a small loss from the event.

>> Thank you very much for your consideration, and please do not hesitate to contact
me if you have questions or would like additional information. I look forward to your reply.