community-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: How can we support a faster release cadence?
Date Sat, 08 Feb 2014 07:15:47 GMT
On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Stephen Connolly
<stephen.alan.connolly@gmail.com> wrote:
> I checked and I think my very original post is reply to dev... Somebody on
> the board list pulled it back in I suspect.

I didn't get my diagnosis quite right.

The copy delivered to dev@community.apache has the following headers:

    To: dev@community.apache.org

The copy delivered to board@apache has the following headers:

    To: dev@community.apache.org

I'm subscribed to both lists, and Gmail has deduped the two mails into one
conversation.  I only see the copy of your mail delivered to board@apache, but
I see all the replies from both the public and private lists intermingled.

I understand the effect you were trying to achieve, but I'm not sure what best
practice is.  Probably sending to the public list and then forwarding to the
private list?

In any case, thanks for starting things off with a very nice email!

Marvin Humphrey