community-dev mailing list archives

From Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
Subject Re: How can we support a faster release cadence?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 22:13:35 GMT
On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 1:54 PM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> I strongly believe we (ASF) shall do whatever we can to make sure our
> releases are as stable as possible !

Those who advocate scheduled releases and a fast cadence believe that they are
doing exactly that.  In fact, the argument goes that bunching up large amounts
of changes in each release makes for lower quality.

Who's right, you or them?  Are you so sure of your conclusion that you believe
communities which want to follow these practices must be excluded from the ASF
because you believe their software will inevitably be low quality?

This isn't new, or experimental.  It's a major movement in software
development, years old, with many popular, successful projects on board.

Marvin Humphrey