community-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Connolly <stephen.alan.conno...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can we support a faster release cadence?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 15:04:06 GMT
On 10 February 2014 14:00, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2014, at 8:48 AM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > In other words, an automated process can still allow for completely
> > inclusive participation.
> >

> I never said that it couldn't. I just wanted everyone to recall
> that inclusivity is a major aspect of how PMC's (should) operate.

+1 to that.

My view is that each individual PMC that wants to try this type of thing
could potentially have their own view of how to achieve inclusivity with
such a process and their community. Hence why my feeling is that we should
be coming up with a set of things that PMCs must convince the board that
they have addressed if they are proposing that they move for a faster
cadence of releases. I don't think I have dropped inclusivity from the list
I have been probing towards.