community-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: How can we support a faster release cadence?
Date Mon, 10 Feb 2014 19:36:59 GMT
> So, I could ask, what's special about 72 hours?

It was to prevent things from sneaking out during a weekend
by a secret cabal when people are otherwise engaged... Plus,
again, based on the old adage that people who are involved
are doing so *as volunteers*, and, as volunteers, there avail
cycles would ebb and flow, 72 hours was/is a nice compromise
to allow for semi-quick decisions but still enough time
so that people didn't consider all this effort as work,
instead of fun.