community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject ApacheCon: Hadoop/Big Data tracks
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:51:16 GMT
Based on Ted Yu's question, I just spoke with Angela, our event
coordinator, and she has set aside a 10th room for Tuesday for
Hadoop/Big data content. Someone (I assume it's Ted or Chris) is
currently editing the spreadsheet of that content to fit into those spaces.

Interesting data point:

<ke4qqq> sebgoa did a dump of all publicly available mbox files for 2013
from mail-archive and determined that Hadoop-related projects generate
~50% of total mail volume at the ASF;

So they definitely need/deserve all the space we can give them. I'm
super excited about having this much content for those tracks.

-Rich

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon