community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon Community track
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 14:36:24 GMT

On 02/14/2014 09:17 AM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On 02/13/2014 06:28 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 10:26 AM, jan i <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Especially for the community track a panel discussion, with a short
>>> introduction from each panel member could be a lot more lively and
>>> thereby
>>> giving for us all.
>>>
>>> The community track is all about our communities, so why not do some
>>> of the
>>> talks in that form.
>>>
>>> but thats just my personal opinion.
>> My strong +1 to that -- a panel with a cool moderator is worth a couple
>> of presos in my book ;-)
>
> So, a bunch of cool suggestions in this thread. I'm reluctant to
> schedule a panel session without volunteers. Are any of you
> volunteering to be the moderator and/or the speakers? We'd need at
> least three speakers, plus a moderator, to make a worthwhile panel. I
> *could* pencil in a panel talk, and then come back to it later, but it
> runs the risk of being lame if we have to press-gang folks into doing it.

I also wonder, as I mentioned on IRC (We're on #apachecon on freenode,
if you want to follow along) if by April these will still be the timely
issues we want to talk about, or if it will be old news.

The release cadence thing is very interesting, in this age of CI and
automatic testing, and I suspect that it will still be relevant by
April. I'm leaning towards that topic.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon