community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject ApacheCon schedule status
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2014 02:34:12 GMT
I've got a mostly-done tentative schedule, and I need lots of people to
look at it.

http://tm3.org/cfpreview is all of the talks, broken into categories
http://tm3.org/actracks is the proposed schedule

I'm waiting for feedback from the Hadoop/Bigdata folks, and from the
Science folks, so those tracks are marked in grey as full, but I don't
have actual content there.

I also have the 9th track on day 3 empty, and I don't have any fallback
talks picked out.

So, what I still need:

* Look over the whole schedule and see that it hangs together
* Compare the talks listed in the ALL TRACKS tab with everything else,
ensuring that there aren't talks that have been omitted from consideration.
* Ensure that we don't have folks speaking twice at the same time
* Ensure that the *ordering* in the individual tracks makes sense
* Ensure that there's not obvious irreconcilable conflict between
concurrent talks. (ie, everyone is going to want to go to both.)
* Anything else that I've overlooked in this process.

Thank you all so much for your assistance so far. Almost every track has
had extensive help from *someone* in putting it together.

Notes:
* All "lightning talks" and "BoF" submissions are marked rejected
because they're not scheduled at this point in the process. We'll do
that next after we publish this schedule
* If you have comments, please reply to this email. If you make comments
in the spreadsheet they'll likely get lost in the noise
* If you want to edit a track directly in the schedule spreadsheet, just
ask, and I'll add you to the access list
* The second URL - http://tm3.org/actracks - is redirecting to a
different location than it was yesterday, so make sure you're looking at
the version that has all three days full of content, not the one that's
mostly empty.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon