community-dev mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: ApacheCon status and proceeding forward
Date Thu, 13 Feb 2014 01:57:50 GMT

On 02/12/2014 11:57 AM, Jan Willem Janssen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm a bit confused as to what the current status is on the track
> selection for ApacheCon NA. I've seen the proposed track list, but
> what do we do with the content of those tracks? And what about the
> proposals that still are not categorized, is that already definitive
> or still in a volatile state?

Right now there are several sources of data:

1) The CFP system itself is where folks are rating talks.

2) http://tm3.org/cfpreview/ is list of all talks broken into topics
which will hopefully become the tracks. Next to each one is Yes/No/Maybe
based on the rating given in the CFP system, #1, above. I have now gone
through everything in the CFP system and noted their accept status in
this spreadsheet. Note that a lot are still "Maybe" indicating that they
either have no ratings at all, or came out as "average" on the accept scale.

3) http://tm3.org/actracks/ is days and proposed tracks each day. Now
that I'm done with #2, I'm moving on to #3, taking the completed tracks
and populating the actual schedule in #3. From here, we'll have to
either add or remove talks to make the final schedule.

So, everything is still volatile, and I still need a lot of help.

http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon